Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy to be out of Hospital Land

I guess now would be a good time to start with the hospital. Hum, okay, so the hospital is very well kept, the nurses and nurses aides are fabulous, BUT. Did you notice that big but. Let's look at just the process of getting into the hospital shall we.
After convincing myself that I would rather nip whatever this thing was quickly in the bud this time rather than have it get bad then having to suffer through, I was completely relieved when the nice walk in doc who discovered my high white count and rapidly increasing symptoms - Uh it took you all day to figure this out-said everything was all ready for me at the hospital, bed, antibiotics etc.

Imagine my suprise when we got to said hospital and my poor diabetic, physically disabled mother who had been pushing me all over the place all afternoon had to yet again, get a wheelchair and push me into the hospital-what ever happened to orderlies? Unfortunately, by this time the swelling and sensitivity made it next to impossible to walk. Did I mention pain. Minor detail.

Well, off we went to the admitting desk and the nice polite lady tells us we have to go around to the ER admitting part of the desk. Hum okay-We explained to her everything was supposed to be arranged (in my delusional high temp I forgot that the hospital was not part of the huge conglomerate that is my doc's office). Luckily, my dear mother thought to bring in my purse when she went back out to park the car. So it was paperwork and questions. Nothing new since it had been a while since I had had to go to the hospital. I guess I was due. In the course of all this StraightGuy calls-he was manning the home front/kid department- to say someone from Smiley's school kept calling demanding I call her back tonight-I will get to that story in another post-so basically my mood was a little testy. Mind you I did not lose my temper or shout at anyone-I did not have the energy for any of that and was just praying for this nightmare to end.

Well, we finally got the paperwork settled and the nice lady tells us which bed is waiting for me and if we can find it okay or need some assistance. Hum-you would think one look at me half coherent and my poor bedraggled mom and she would have an answer to that one-but no-so I said "get someone to help". That was a mistake. I think it was 20-30 minutes before someone showed up to push me up stairs in a 5 minute ride-oh sorry for disturbing your nap-okay that was a little mean but hey it hurt! and no I did NOT say that out loud. To make matters worse, as we were backing up from the admission desk to go park it in the waiting room, an orderly comes whipping through the path behind my mom and loudly says "Behind you, I have the right of way". Well my jaw could have dropped to the floor on that one. I was NOT happy. My thoughts here were somewhere along the lines of "I am about to tell you where you can put your right of way" Once again, I did not say that out loud.

Well, eventually I did get upstairs and into a nice soft bed with lots of nice warm out of the heater blankets (by then I was toting a fever of 102.9). I was so happy because this had to be where they were ready to start the IV antibiotics and Tylenol and I could maybe get some sleep. Okay, maybe not, but that is part of the next part of the story.

No comments: