Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 2 and a nice neighbor

Happily I can say my Type 1 diabetic neighbor was discharged on day two of my stay. This left me with some peace and quiet for rest. I took advantage when I could by found it difficult as I was still in pain/feverish not to mention overly tired.

Day 2 evening brought a nice lady and her husband. He was very doting and sweet, he even stayed the night, choosing to sleep upright with his head on her bed-aahhh. I even enjoyed listening as he read to her from the Bible to pass time and help her with her pain. She never really complained but had been sick for about 3 months-poor baby-and came in with an absessed tooth. Wow-what was an absessed tooth turned out to be suspected MRSA-for those who don't know that is the newest craze going around of highly contagious, highly resistant virus. Luckily it is most commonly spread orally-whew, since they had been taking her vitals for the last 24 hours then taking mine with the same blood pressure cuff and oxygen meter-gee thanks. To make a long story short, she was quickly whisked down to a private room on the 5th floor after the couple happened to mention the doctor had brought up the possible diagnosis of MRSA that afternoon, but neglected to tell anyone else-including the nurses. That's so nice. I don't think our nurse was very pleased with our doctor as there was about a 6 hour time lag between the possible diagnosis given and the patient being isolated-HUM opps! I would say maybe that wasn't the case, but unfortunately with walls made of fabric curtains, I too heard the misterious diagnosis of MRSA-not that I knew what it was at the time. Apparently, when her dad came to visit her in the hospital that evening it was brought up that another family member had recently had it and that her dad urged her to make sure the nurses knew. Boy did that start things moving pretty fast.

So that was the end of my nice neighbor-boo hoo. I would have kept them around if I could just so long as they didn't give me any more whining drug seekers-my pounding head couldn't take it anymore.

Life in the hospital was looking up, or so I thought...

No comments: