Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day three and Happy Halloween

Well, there I was mourning the loss of a great roommate when what do you know, they move me down the hall-okay so what that it was 10:30am at night, hey it was a lot quieter down there and the gentleman they switched me with needed to be closer to the nurses' station. Personally, I did not mind at all. I got the first great night sleep since I had been in the hospital and woke up feeling pretty good.

Well, that changed bright and early when the brought me a new roommate. She was pretty small and elderly, at least so she looked as I made my way to the restroom later that morning. Unfortunately, she was also detoxing and had a mouth like a longshoreman. As I was on the phone with my pastor I was silently praying that she would continue to stay asleep so that the profound utterances she had shouted all morning would not be overheard by my pastor.

My poor uncle came to visit me and experieced first hand her tirade whenever they tried to wake her or ask her questions. Basically they ended up giving her a one-on-one with one of the certified nursing assistance that got to hang out with her while she slept/complained/etc. Not very exciting but less stressful to me and probably the whole rest of the floor.

Needless to say I was jumping for joy when the doctor came in and told me I could go home. You could not get me out of there fast enough. I think at this point I will do whatever my doctor asks as long as he doesn't put me back in the hospital....

No comments: