Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Monday

First and Foremost I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of our military and their families. As those who know me, know that I could never do what they do, sacrifice time from my family and to be that wife waiting at home wondering if I am going to end up a widow with children to raise on my own. I have more respect for your decisions and admiration for your willingness to give of yourselves for the benefit of me and our entire nation. I am truly grateful and ask that God keeps you safe from harm until you are united again with your families. I know that this is a day late, but as we are acknowledging Veteran's Day today, I thought it only fitting to say thanks in this post.

Secondly,
My heart is so very full today. I have had an opportunity to rest for three weeks and I never would have taken that in my crazy life. I have discovered some wonderful books, such as the entire Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury and Gary Smalley, and at Esther's suggestion, Leaving the Saints. I have even caught up on some paperwork that needed attention. I guess it took an illness to make me realize I needed to take a step back and regroup. I also got to spend some great restful time with my mom. I love that she is willing to jump in and help with the house and the kids. I am very thankful for her. I see that it is now my turn to be that helping hand for my beloved friends who do not have mom's nearby. I hope that I can be just a little light to shine in their lives.

Yesterday, I was in Sunday School and the topic was Kierkigaard, whom I had heard plenty about, but never really investigated. It was a bit confusing, but also reaffirming in some ways. I would like to pursue some more of his writings. I also love that "family" that I have at church. We travel a considerable way to go to our church, but it is the church I was born into and my mom and uncle still attend. Our children have possitive role models and mentors there and it is a great and loving place. Like Esther, I would love to get involved with small groups, but find it difficult to manage with the distance. We have talked about moving closer, but we love the community we live in. Such a delemia. I would imagine that God will shine a light on which path we should choose as he always does, just a matter of keeping our hearts open.

My best friend, Esther, and her daughters had a wonderful Girls Shower this weekend! I had to laugh, because every since we heard that the girls were coming home, I had thought about throwing a party for them, I just haven't been sure about how, when etc. I really felt that I needed to wait until the girls had an opportunity to bond with the family and felt it was important to spend the initial time period just as themselves. Man, was that tough-I can honestly tell you that I cried as I pulled up to the house the first time and saw Sissy playing in the yard with her. My boys must have thought I was crazy when I was yelling "there she is, there she is, there's Sissy!" at the top of my lungs.

The funny thing is, I have always wanted to do something Princess or tea party. and that was the theme for the church party. Great minds think alike. I went on line and did some research and found out, yes it is good to throw a party as well as appropriate. So I got to thinking after reading Esther's post, what if I throw a Finalization Celebration for the whole family. I know my mom would be a huge help and would love to do it. And, I think that this would be a great cause for celebration.

What do you think? I haven't even mentioned it to Esther. Any suggestions or ideas on doing this? This would also give me until Spring to put it together. Looking forward to ideas etc.

No comments: