Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Freedom...at least for a few hours

Yeah, I got to go out today for a bit...okay, I know that sounds hokey, but hey, being confined to the couch is tough to do when you like to get up and go all the time. Happily, I can say I got up and went today-shhh don't tell my doc.

Having decided we needed to go to Costco-pretty much the place my husband and I do the majority of our grocery shopping, since three males in this house can consume way more than we could keep up with in the normal stores, my mom and I decided if we used the electric carts technically I would not be on my foot, so off we went. Since we were out it gave me the opportunity to mail a package from the post office (along with my mom's ballot), and hit the library for Smiley's movie that was on hold and Stretches next book in the series he is reading. Having done both of these errands it was off to Costco.

This was actually a pretty good time to do this. We hit lunch first-where else can you feed two people including drinks for less than $4.00-Yippee! Then it was a short wait for two electric carts. I got mine first-I know that sounds silly but to cover Costco when you aren't supposed to be up and around, well, this was so much easier. Not more than 10 minutes later my mom was on her own cart cruising the Christmas isles. (My mom has a perminent disability and cannot walk more than about 20 feet at a time). Happily, we quickly got our shopping done and were off back to home. My ankle and foot was fairly swollen, but I promise I will not get up from the couch tomorrow. (I just realized I have a school board meeting tonight I should go to-darn!)

So, my question is, should I really have gone to Costco today and utilized the electronic cart? Technically, I can walk now with minimal discomfort, it is the low grade fever and swelling that are keeping me on the couch - okay, not to mention that my leg still has the lovely reddess and heat. Anyway, what do you think-I felt a little weird really...

No comments: