Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Waves of a Pebble

I am completely unable to put into words how disgusted I am at the Pacific Northwests Adoption/foster system. Today, Ella Bella is supposed to be taken from the only "parents" she has known. The pebble was cast because of a jealous mother who was angry that her son would rather live with his dad on a regular basis, sighting the fact that Ella Bella and her sisters don't have a mom and they need him. Now the waves have turned into tidal waves (to make a long story short).
The mom decided to make claims that were not true about my ex sister in laws husband (her ex) so that the foster system believed that they should not be Ella Bella's parents. Since then the sister in law has had to decide between having garbage from her divorce to my brother brought up, which my niece and nephew don't know about, and a beautiful 9 month old little girl who has been with them since she was 2 weeks old, all out of a favor.
The worse part is Ella's aunt who was going to take the oldest sister was hysterical about Ella Bella going into the foster system and being lost that she begged her fiance to take Ella too. He has made it clear from the beginning that he had no intentions to take on Ella Bella too. The result is he called off the wedding, leaving the aunt so distraught, since she does not feel capable of taking care of the older girl on her own. Wow, one person's jealousy has made so many disastrous results to so many families.
How do you heal from this?
We got this news while we were on vacation, but the reality really hit home last night. I brought Ella Bella her quilt (we call them GEEs in our family). This came from my nephew not being able to say "blanky" when he was a baby. See related post for history of the Grandma B Gee. I should have written a note to go with it. I guess I am just in denial that Ella Bella will be taken away. Sister in law is going to look for a picture of Grandma B to give to the new foster mom to put in her baby book. Maybe I can write a letter now and send it.
I am so frustrated. Stupid DSHS. Gerrrrr.

No comments: