Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Awe on the verge of vacation

Why is it so stressful getting ready for vacation? I swear, everyone else is in bed ready to head off early in the morning and I am still up finishing last minute preparations...never fails. I guess this is just the only time I have to some quiet me time. Plus, there is always something someone still needs, or the mail that has to go out before we leave, or instructions for the cat/fish sitter. Oh and did I mention my oldest son was invited to a leadership camp at his new school? Yeah-"Stretch" was nominated to participate from one of his teachers at his old school. This is a great opportunity for him. Especially since he had to write a paragraph about himself to submit to the advisor for consideration. Mind you the deadline to register was June 15th and we did not receive the invitation until July 10th. So, wouldn't you know I was scrambling this evening to check over his paragraph so I could mail it tomorrow before we go. Of course my husband "Straightlace" did not think there was enough thought put in the paragraph and decided Stretch, he and I should "rewrite" it this evening-DUH the kid is twelve, he doesn't write like his old man does when he is preparing a report for stockholders! Needless to say, it came off very nice, but I did not appreciate having to change things at the last moment when I still had things to finish tonight!!!
The younger son "Smiley" decided to sneak downstairs and play Roller Coaster Tycoon while we were wittling away at the lovely paragraph, when he was supposed to be asleep. Straightlace was not happy with this at all-DUH! He just wanted to be with the rest of the family...
Sometimes I wonder if I am the only sane one in this house...

No comments: