Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Electronic BooBoo and No Job for Me

Well, I did not get the job I interviewed for. In some ways I feel a little relieved, but then I am also a little disappointed. I prayed for guidence as I really, really don't know where I should teach, if I should have a classroom, or if I should substitute. In many ways this has answered the question about wether I should be a school librarian.
The good news is I have made a good impression on the three people I interviewed with and the principal has encouraged me to keep an eye on the job postings. She feels that I am an excellent fit for their district, and the deciding factor was the other candidate had a background in library science (which was one of the reasons I was a little leary about the job in the first place). The other good news is that this was a great opportunity for me to get back in the interview "swing". I really have not had to formally interview in so long that the opportunity was well worth it. I am thinking of contacting the principal back and asking her for feedback from the interview. I know I really need to focus more on my recent accomplishments and connect with some of the key objectives of the district/school just from my own reflection of how the interview went. So overall, I am still feeling pretty good. I know that I always have substituting to keep the funds coming in and keep the experiences fresh.
Now for the more costly electronic booboo...I did not complete my online application for the second district I was applying for (duh, no wonder I wasn't getting called for interviews) no one saw my file because it wasn't uploaded. I must have missed the final submit button. The bummer part of this is that I had applied for two jobs at my son's school, which I would have enjoyed, but have closed and been filled without my application being considered. I have been reasurred that there are still postings going out and up at that district so I won't worry too much. Plus I know that with district boundaries changing next year and a new school opening, there will be positions opening up all over the district as teachers flock to teach at the new school.
I guess you could say "I've been schooled" in the last few days. But like everything else, I have learned many valuable lessons; such as to double check the application before the job closes and don't been prudent with talents and accomplishments in an interview.

No comments: