Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

So here I am. A fairly new teacher with the dilemma most teachers without a continuing contract face this time of the year. I have been wrestling with where I want to teach. I haven't been able to really pin down where and what grade I want to teach. So far I have looked into a couple of 1st grade positions, a 3rd grade position, and librarian at one of the local elementary schools. The librarian is in a position that I long term substituted for last spring, so I know the position and I get to see all the grades, about 500 students a week.

Then again, if I am offered a classroom position, I have a better opportunity to connect with my own little classroom. hum decisions, decisions.

My fear is I will be offered one of the classrooms before I get a chance to interview for the librarian and then have to make a decision. Which one am I meant to be. Any insights...

1 comment:

Esther said...

Ah, such a beautiful quilt over on your sidebar ;o)