Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Better Late than Never...

Well, here I go again. I just realized it has been quite a while since I have written. Guess I have been a little busy with kids, life, teaching...what can I say, I know you can all relate!

I saw a really good, although very heavy, movie last week "The Kingdom". Whoa, it was about the terrorism in Saudi Arabia-e-gad! Not for the week hearted by any means lots of blood and violence and a bit of foul language. If you can get passed that, it really is a good message. Very much a thriller.

We also had the chance to see a GREAT dinner theatre but on by the youth in our "parish". The director of the parish youth wrote, produced, and directed it. It is called "Meet the Monsters" and it was so good. A five course meal was served during this five act play. It was about Count Dracula and his wife who are at an inn on Chill Mountain (in Colorado) along with Egor, Victoria (the monster-kind of a Frankinstein spin off), Werewolf aka Mr. Tait, a ghost named Flora, Dr Hyde and Mr. Jekle, an evil innkeeper, Van Helsing (who spends his time hiding in the shadows looking for the evil who lives in the dark) and couple of couples who find themselves at the inn when stuck in a snowstorm. Very very entertaining. The maid turns out to be homocidal as well. Oh yeah, and there was the Hag who was out to kill one of the boys to end a curse that made all the women in her family beautiful. All set in the 40's.

Well got to run, Smiley wants to use my computer and I have to get ready for another busy week.

Until next time, OneTeach

No comments: