Changing the world, One Teacher at a time.

Hello and welcome to my blog page! What made me decide to jump into the blogger world you might ask? My best friend, Esther! She got me started with her fabulous sight "Crowned with Laurel" about her families journey to find their children.

I am a very passionate individual that believes every child deserves the best I have to offer as a teacher and human being. It is my hope that I can be a model to all I meet by living a life of abundance with grace and integrity. My role model was my grandmother-Grandma B. She had love in her heart for everyone and taught me everything I know about sewing, quilting, life and love.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Graduation Frogs

Well, it is official. I have been released from the Wound Care Center-a fact that was officially marked by a cute little stuffed frog that the center gives to all of their patients who have "graduated". That and the wish that I never see them again-I know sounds harsh but meant in a good way. I have resolved myself to a life in "granny" stockings. I guess if it means I can keep my leg then it is definately worth it.

The best part was as I was leaving the center, I got a call from the elementary school I student taught at and they needed a teacher for the afternoon! I was so excited. I didn't see any of my former students but got an even better treat-I got to suprise my mentor teacher who is now the vice principal at the school. I hadn't seen her since June of last year so it was a very pleasant suprise for both of us!

Also this week I had a student from the school I had started out the year at tell me "I wish we still had Steps to Respect class, because I miss you teaching me". Awwww how can you not love these guys! My response to her "ME TOO, I miss teaching you!" I tell you, I am the luckiest person in the world-I get to do the best job in the world and I get paid for it.

Enjoy your Monday and for those of you in the Pacific Northwest-be careful in the snow that is coming tonight.

No comments: